1. Hot water extraction is commonly referred to as Steam Cleaning. This is the deepest cleaning of all methods.
2. Very Low Moisture / Encapsulation cleaning chemistry surrounds each soil particle and crystallizes so it can’t attract other soil. The encapsulated particles release from the fiber and are easily extracted with normal vacuuming. And since there's no dirt attracting residue left behind, the carpet stays cleaner longer. Also because this is low moisture compared to steam cleaning it is excellent for light to moderately soiled residential carpet and perfect for cleaning area rugs on top of any surface and the drying times are fast for a quick turn around in any type of environment and less chance of stains that may reappear due to over wetting of carpets.
3. Carpets will not resoil faster as long as the cleaning solutions used during the cleaning are extracted from the carpet.
4. There is not a reputable cleaning company that can guarantee complete spot and stain removal. There are numerous factors that must be considered, to include age of carpet and upholstery, frequencies of cleanings, the type of carpet and upholstery, the type of stains and soiling, store bought products used by the homeowner and underlying conditions that may resurface after the cleaning.
5. If carpets have ripples or bubbles prior to or after your cleaning, this would mean that carpet should be re stretched by a professional carpet installer. Loose carpet on stairs should be addressed as quickly as possible to avoid a tripping hazard.
6. In most cases carpet cleaning will not remove fleas and bed bugs. Please call an exterminator prior to your cleaning appointment. Also have your upholstery and mattress inspected for possible contamination.
7. Urine can be removed from your carpet, pad and sub floor, however this must be completed by a professional using a subsurface extraction tool. Purchasing over the counter cleaning chemicals will not work due to the fact that the urine is not on the carpet surface it is under the carpet, pad and possible sub floor. In some extreme cases the carpet must be pulled back and a portion of the pad removed and the sub floor is cleaned and sealed, a new portion of pad is installed and both sides of the carpet are cleaned with the above procedure. However the yellow or brown staining maybe permanent due to the length of time it has been in the the carpet and because the urine has permanently dyed or has altered the fibers.
8. On average carpets should be deep cleaned every 3-18 months depending on your type of household or business. Remember your carpets hold dirt, dander, pollen and dust mites and grease and oil. Stain resist carpeting should be cleaned at a minimum of every 12-18 months to maintain the factory warranty. Carpets should be vacuumed at minimum of 1-2 times per week or more.
9.Upholstery should be cleaned by the hot water extraction cleaning process whenever possible, because it provides the deepest cleaning of all the possible methods. However some fabrics may require a more delicate cleaning system.
10. The tag, or "Manufacturer Liability Code" is required to recommend "a" cleaning method even though it may not be the most effective method for removing soil. Upholstery should be cleaned every 12-24 months.
11. Professional cleaning may impact the protective coating on your furniture and carpet, the dry oils that accumulate on it over time along with the strain of daily living cause this coatings to deteriorate. To keep your valuable upholstered furniture and carpet protected from the damage of dry soil, a reapplication of protector is recommended.